Aidan's Journey

Aidan's journey began on Monday, Dec 3rd 2007 when we received a phone call that came so unexpectedly. After leaving work, we received a panicked phone call from the Kaiser Peds staff saying that at that moment his blood panels had come back from a check up that morning and Aidan was critically anemic. Do not stop for anything-dinner, clothes, nada. Drive directly to the ER and check right in. The blood tests he had taken earlier that day revealed that every part of his blood test-hemoglobin, white and red cells etc were critically low and further tests needed to be done asap. Hours later he was given two units of blood and platelets. The next morning tests confirmed our worst fears. Aidan's blood was full of cancer as he was diagnosed Tuesday night with Leukemia (Acute Myeloid Leukemia).

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Aidan's BED please read side post for story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Adian F.
I miss you. Your bed looks really soft. Team four is losing without you. Hope you feel better.
Sincerely Brooke Sheldon

Anonymous said...

Aidan,

Where can I get one of those beds? I hope you know how much we love and pray for you! Your brothers from another mother can't wait to see you!!

I hope you realize what an amazing kid you are. Your smile has the ability to light up the whole room. I still cant believe what great spirits you have.

You always have been & always will be so special to me. I love you so much!!!
P.S. I cant wait to kiss you all over your face :)
P.S.S. Corey says "I like pudding"

Love,
Bridgett

Unknown said...

Hi Aidan!

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that the Healy's are all praying for you. I hope you're feeling well today and busy constructing some kind of lego fortress. Hi Aimee and Tito!; you're in our prayers as well. Have a great day!

Love,

Robert, Patrick, and Peter