Aidan's Journey

Aidan's journey began on Monday, Dec 3rd 2007 when we received a phone call that came so unexpectedly. After leaving work, we received a panicked phone call from the Kaiser Peds staff saying that at that moment his blood panels had come back from a check up that morning and Aidan was critically anemic. Do not stop for anything-dinner, clothes, nada. Drive directly to the ER and check right in. The blood tests he had taken earlier that day revealed that every part of his blood test-hemoglobin, white and red cells etc were critically low and further tests needed to be done asap. Hours later he was given two units of blood and platelets. The next morning tests confirmed our worst fears. Aidan's blood was full of cancer as he was diagnosed Tuesday night with Leukemia (Acute Myeloid Leukemia).

Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15, 2007

Hello Everyone,
This is Aimee now on blog. I first wanted to begin this by thanking EVERYONE for the unbelievable outpouring of love and prayers. It is truly humbling to be on the receiving end of so much love. There are few words to express my gratitude for my family and friends who have rallied around us. Thank you. Aidan knows exactly how much everyone loves him even though he is still at the baby stages of understanding what is happening to his body. I guess shock is an understatement for what we are going thru mentally and yet my heart is strong and my faith is true in knowing that whatever deck of cards Heavenly Father is going to deal us, I am accepting of it and will do my best to keep Aidan's spirit up and our family together and strong.

My mind is a jumble at this point and I have pretty much talked myself to death about the daily blow by blow but know that we are doing as good as can be expected at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee,
This is your cousin Mary Lea. Your Uncle Butch told cousin Gloria about Aidan and she filled me in on everything. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers every day. It's been a while since I have seen you and your little guy. He's actually not a little guy anymore! From the blog site it is obvious that he is a very strong young boy who is going fight this with all he has. Combine his spirit with all the prayers that are being said for him and you have a winning combination! I will continue to pray for God's healing powers to be bestowed on him.

Love,
Mary Lea

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

Hang in there. Know that we have the greater South Western desert and thanks to my brother, just about the entire Eastern seaboard grouped in prayer for Aidan.

We hope that Aidan is doing better now that chemo is over and that his body is adjusting to the affects.

Alex and Ethan (yes, we have two boys now) include a special prayer for Aidan every night. They didn't even bat an eye when I mentioned that we have a friend in need.

Give him a big hug for us!

- Joe, Kim, Alex and Ethan Mason