Aidan's Journey

Aidan's journey began on Monday, Dec 3rd 2007 when we received a phone call that came so unexpectedly. After leaving work, we received a panicked phone call from the Kaiser Peds staff saying that at that moment his blood panels had come back from a check up that morning and Aidan was critically anemic. Do not stop for anything-dinner, clothes, nada. Drive directly to the ER and check right in. The blood tests he had taken earlier that day revealed that every part of his blood test-hemoglobin, white and red cells etc were critically low and further tests needed to be done asap. Hours later he was given two units of blood and platelets. The next morning tests confirmed our worst fears. Aidan's blood was full of cancer as he was diagnosed Tuesday night with Leukemia (Acute Myeloid Leukemia).

Monday, December 17, 2007

THANK YOUS

Just have to give some quick thank yous. To everyone who has called and especially prayed for Aidan we truly appreciate and NEED them. To those who have taken time out of their busy holiday schedules to visit and brought me and Aidan gifts, bless you.

First to my Mom. Nana stopped her life, jumped on a plane and deposited herself in the hospital chair next to her grandson. She is a balm to my soul having her here everyday, knowing that she will have Robustelli input about everything going on and making sure we eat good! Someone please get her some coconut shrimp and a filet mignon(she won't stop talking about it!!!)

Love to my dad, we miss you and can't wait for you to get here. Thank you for being such a good papa and worrying about us from so far away.

Uncle Nick-laughter is the best medicine

Brother Paul Jr and Mojgan-Weekly visits to the hospital, hugs and love to keep me going, I treasure every minute of hanging with you guys and Aidan LOVES his aunt Mojgan.

Audrey, Bridgett and Dana, (alphabetical order) my dearest friends. I haven't had to worry or cry nearly so much since you three are doing it all for me along with everything else in my life at this point. I love you so.

Valery and Sharon-thank you for lunch and funny stories about the kids-know you are very loved. ENF Staff-I miss you!! Thank you for all of your prayers for Aidan

Puja, Deep, Trishna and my little Maya-thank you for all your love and support

Uncle Butch-our daily talks brighten my day-you give me strength and hope.

To all Shaheens and Robustelli's-we love you (thank you for the coffee Uncle Johnny)

Finally-to DADDY Luis- we ARE going to make it through this. Your sacrifice of going back to work has been nearly unbearable but we are eternally grateful for your amazing strength and love. You are the world's greatest dad.

To Tito-my angel from heaven sent down to give all the love and support we ever needed. Thank you for improving your laundry skills the minute I wasn't watching!! I love you more than life itself.

If I have forgotten anyone it is because I am so moved I can't even think.




2 comments:

Mr. Beyer said...

Hi Aidan, we all miss you very much and all of your classmates keep asking about you. Your team really misses you because they aren't doing very well on marble count without you. I guess that's proof that you were the reason they won "Lunch Bunch" the first time. They're in third place this time around. Stay positive and keep smiling! I look forward to being your tutor sometime soon!! Mr. Beyer

Anonymous said...

Hi Aidan! I talked to your Nana today and she said that you had a great time at the Christmas party there at the hospital! Wow, cool, glad to hear that you had fun.

It's raining up here in Chatsworth and it's really pretty. I like the sound of the rain on the roof. Do you? Sometimes I wish we had a tin roof so I could hear it even more. We have our Christmas tree decorated and the lights are lit all day long, because it's so dark and sorta gloomy. But as long as we can be inside and warm and cozy, that's fine with me! I bet that your Papa is having snow where he is, lucky guy.

My father, who is almost 91 years old, told me about the snow when he was a little boy in Salem, Massachusetts (all the way across the country, maybe you know where it is on the map). He remembers that they had a BIG sled in his town - it had runners underneath and big wide boards that went across the top, and about 6 people could fit on the sled. They would go up to the top of a hill in the town and make sure that the streets were clear of cars (this was in, like, 1930, so there weren't a whole lot of cars then...) and then, whooooop down the hill they'd go. Sounds like fun, huh.

Well, have a good night tonight!

Love and big hugs from Aunt Adie